Nav system quit after a month, going to the shop Wednesday to get it looked at
Hi Dott191,Nav system quit after a month, going to the shop Wednesday to get it looked at
they are replacing the radio. Bob and Chuck Eddy in Austintown. Happy so far with their service.Hi Dott191,
Sorry to hear about this! Don't hesitate to PM our page with any questions or concerns that may arise during your service appointment, we're happy to help if needed.
Jeep Social Care Specialist
Hi Orange2015,Hey! I'm having issue with the parking break as well as a check engine light coming on. I brought it in to dealer and the charged me for another computer flash update. About two weeks later, the same problems exist. The dealer is pushing me to trade in my Renegade because they don't know what's wrong. They said it would cost me thousands before they found the problem. I still owe on my car loan for about 18months. I don't want another car payment after this. Help!!!
Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer so that we can look into this further.I definitely need assistance the dealership is telling me it would cost me thousands to figure out what the problem is.
Hi SarahA,Yes! This is the WORST Jeep I've owned (this being my 3rd).
1. Just before 20k I noticed a strange noise while idling in park. I got to the dealership and my coolant boiling and almost 300degrees, yet NO warning lights had come on. Dealership said cooling fan had stopped working and needed replaced.
2. I can't even count how many times my radio has shut off. I have to wait for it to come back on, because the power button doesn't work...just for it to cycle thru and do the exact same thing several times in a row. But dealership says that my radio is just updating and there is no test they can do on it.
3. My service air bag lights have come on and off several times. Called dealership they said it was probably something under my seat, but there wasn't. They also said wait to see if it happens again then they would look at it but also, no test could be done.
4. A few times i have been driving and I get a flood of messages: left turn right out, right turn light out, left fog light out, right fog light out, left brake light out, right brake light out, left headlight out and right headlight out. No lights were out either time. Dealership said nothing was wrong.
5. I'm now about 500 miles from my warranty expiring and my check engine light has been on all weekend. Hoping they can look at it before it is expired !
At this point I'm so fed up with my Renegade I want to scrap it and get something else!
Hi Orange2015,How do I send a private message? My Jeep will be taken in tomorrow to a different dealer. I am trying to get a second opinion because I'm helpless.
I'm in the same situation. 2018 with 2500 miles has had many different issues. It qualified under Florida Law for Lemon Law. Decided not to follow through. Now is having a different problem. Multiple service departments are arguing with each other and pointing fingers. Customer Care has not yet called me back. I told them I would rather just have it fixed (in this case the fix is obvious) but they have yet to take action. I will give them a few more days and then send in the letter. In Florida you don't need an attorney. I lemoned a previous car after arguing to get it fixed for months. One letter to Volvo USA and it was a done deal. They bought it back, cash in an envelope. Check with the Attorney General office in your state.I have a 2017 Jeep Renagade. Currently in the shop for the fourth time for the same problem. The electronic parking break will engage and not disengage. Therefore I cannot drive and have to get it towed to the dealer. The dealer is baffled as to this issue. Has anyone had any luck with the manufacturer replacing with new jeep or returning their money? I'm waiting a call back from Jeep. I consulted an attorney and they say I qualify for the lemon law. I'd rather make a deal with the manufacture. Any tips?