Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Break in period...exclamation point

19K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  seneca 
I got my 2016 TH last Dec and I have 7200 km (~4500 miles) on it so far. I drove it 60% highway, 30% city and 10% off-road and my overall average is 10.5 l/100km (~22.4 US mpg). Did get as high as 30 mpg on highways. Never had an upgrade and I'm quite happy with my Reny so far. TH is only automatic but I do not have the problems with shifting others seems to have, and the 4x4 engages flawlessly in the Auto mode, when needed, in off road conditions (maybe the 2016 model improved software is the reason). The complains I have (so far) are: 1) loosing of the guide-lines for the back camera from time to time (have to put them back in settings), 2) in 4WD Lock after an hour or so of relatively steep up-hill off-roading (with frequent very low speed portions), even though engine temperature is normal, it seems it needs harder and harder push on the gas pedal to get the traction you need...(I suspect a software problem, but would appreciate a comment from others who experienced this issue) and 3) even though in 4WD Low range and first gear, when going downhill, engine compression drag is not enough and frequent braking is still needed to control the speed, but when using Hill Descent Control option, the speed seems to be too slow...maybe I'm doing something wrong here? Comments?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.