Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I am very pleased with my 4x4 Latitude Renegade. I am coming out of a Hyundai Elantra to this so a big change. My son owned a CJ and we really enjoyed going up in the mountains on the weekends and I plan on doing the same with this. Although it does not have the ground clearance as the bigger Jeeps and the little .8 of an inch that the TH has I am very pleased with it so far. It is fun to drive and handles well. They are so new the salesman/women really are not that familiar with them such as all the hidden pleasures and features. I wish the little windows forward of the driver and passenger would flip open and the backs would also flair but maybe on a later model or a later purchase add on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh I so had the same thought when I drove one for a week. The little bit of window to the front of the driver/passanger window should flip out like the old vent Windows on older trucks. Would have been an amazing vintage feel to add into the renegade

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm very happy so far. The ride is a little stiffer but not bothersome. Handling feels a bit better than my Patriot (it had front and rear sway bars + Mopar strut bar.) I live in a small town so not too many red lights out this way. My gas mileage seems better than the Patriot driving the same roads. Only 8 hp more than my Patriot 2.4l but with the gear spreads it feels more potent. Some how I always average better mileage than the tests. I'm happy with the "Average mileage, instantaineous mileage and trip mileage features. Now I just have to check a fill up with my calculator to verify the Jeep numbers. I did some research before the purchase. I'm disappointed with the review in Motor Trend. The only issue so far was the junk they spray on it to ship. It does come off with "Simple Green" if you let it soak in a bit. (The roof was covered in it. The salesman did tell me they have some cleaner at the dealer but I told him I already got it off. It seems tough but it will come off with a rag after some soaking, do not scratch your new paint.) I haven't had time to check all the goodies out yet. Just happy driving it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It was not a spray on, when they get to the dealership there is a white plastic protector sheet on the roof. Yours may have been left on too long and some of the contact glue got left on when they peeled it would off. We all ways pull those off as soon as the new vehicles hit the service at my dealership
The dealerships detail shop, should have made sure that was cleaned off properly before they sold it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This dealer has changed hands and although they were busy with the "Black Friday" sales I was disappointed in my delivery condition. I told my sales rep about it. It is details like this that hurt our reputation. Over all I'm still happy with this vehicle and am looking forward to it's performance in inclement weather (snow). I've seen some complaints that it's not a real Jeep. To me, any Jeep is about utility. This vehicle is perfect for me. It's a Jeep thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 1000 miles on it now. Still great. I reread the magazine road test, they must have had a "pool vehicle" that was beat on. This thing handles really good. I left a tailgater in the dust through an "Ess turn" yesterday. He could not stay with me. The Jeep was very stable. (for comparison, I own a C3 vette as well). She's peppy with the 2.4, and I don't mean flooring it. The only problem I see (not really a problem) is driving 20-25 through a small town. You can watch the mpg graph go down in mpg. I t seems like the throttle is sensitive and will stay in a lower gear if you don't keep the pedal steady. If you get up to any speed over say 30-40 and drive steady (i use my cruise always) the mpg is awesome. I took a mixed driving trip to a friends house (about 80 miles) with 7 miles of freeway, the rest blacktop with red lights and I got 29.5mpg. It seems the faster you go there is always a gear to get you mpg's in the 30's. I don't think Jeep has pushed this vehicle very much either. An older couple asked me about it , they were looking to replace thier Liberty. I told them that I loved mine and what the mileage was and they were going to look into one. We only had snow once so far (I'm not complaining after 2014-15) but whatever it does on wet roads you cannot feel it. (yes I have driven Audi's with Quadra-Track and I own a 4x4 Dakota) This is just a "right size Jeep" for me to run errands and do whatever retirees do all day!...It is a Jeep Thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh I so had the same thought when I drove one for a week. The little bit of window to the front of the driver/passanger window should flip out like the old vent Windows on older trucks. Would have been an amazing vintage feel to add into the renegade
That would have been nice for sure . I wondered why not after seeing those windows on my new Renegade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts