Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Jeep Renegade has no oil indicator built into the car. They didn't tell me this when I bought my Jeep. This is insane. How often do I need to check the oil?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Andi.
I too have a 2015 jeep renegade and it does have an oil indicator. I've seen it. Who told you it doesn't have one? They ' re standard. You should change oil every 5,000 miles, whether you think you need it or not. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine does not have an oil indicator light. I have asked 2 dealers now. They have both told me my car does not have one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told to check it every 1000 mi or so. It does drink oil. If you wait till the engine indicator light comes on for oil, it means the oil _pressure_ is low and your engine is just about to be TOAST! It is NOT intended as an indicator of "low oil" but "your engine is about to FAIL!!!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
What the heck. I haven't had any issues with oil and have never been told that from my dealership. When my oil light came on it was only when I needed a new battery and when I got one, it was off and everything was fine. I'm sorry this is happening to you and I don't have any answers. Maybe someone else on here can help. I would consider getting rid of it if you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2015 Jeep Renegade has no oil indicator built into the car. They didn't tell me this when I bought my Jeep. This is insane. How often do I need to check the oil?
Wait a minute, this does not sound right. This is like a standard government safety feature. Have you dug your way through the sub menus on the display indicator?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have taken my car to two different Jeep dealers, and they both have told me there is no oil indicator, and I should check my oil monthly. I am not happy about it. I would not have purchased the car if I had known that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts