Upgrade Car Radio | Jeep Renegade Forum

Upgrade Car Radio

Discussion in 'Jeep Renegade Interior Mods - Audio, Video' started by Peggy LaRue, May 17, 2020.

1. Peggy LaRue

Peggy LaRue New Member

The radio in my 2020 is the basic UConnect 3 5” display, and I want to upgrade to a Sirius XM compatible radio but don’t know where to start. I have seen one that I like that will fit but was told that I need an antenna. I thought it would be connected to my current car antenna. Am I wrong, or should I go through the dealer?

2. dk1677

dk1677 all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most Administrator Moderator

You might check out Crutchfield on the net. they can tell you what will work

3. Peggy LaRue

Peggy LaRue New Member

Thank you so much!! I think I can get just an adapter and have it installed.

4. dk1677

dk1677 all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most Administrator Moderator

Your most welcome

5. IDoMy0wnRacing

IDoMy0wnRacing Member

Remember that the radio is part of the Renegade's diagnostic system when looking for aftermarket replacements.

You can do a search online for OEM take-offs. After you replace it, just go to the dealer to get it activated so that it become an integral part of your Renegade's computer system.

After the dealer does the update, FCA will recognize the new stereo as an upgraded option for your specific vehicle.